"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "node-v12.18.4-win-x86/node_modules/npm/node_modules/smart-buffer/docs/CHANGELOG.md" (14 Feb 2020, 2368 Bytes) of package /windows/www/node-v12.18.4-win-x86.zip:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field.
Released 07/24/2019 * Adds int64 support for node v12+ * Drops support for node v4
Released 10/21/2017 * Major breaking changes arriving in v4.
- Ability to read data from a specific offset. ex: readInt8(5)
- Ability to write over data when an offset is given (see breaking changes) ex: writeInt8(5, 0);
- Ability to set internal read and write offsets.
- Old constructor patterns have been completely removed. It’s now required to use the SmartBuffer.fromXXX() factory constructors. Read more on the v4 docs.
- rewind(), skip(), moveTo() have been removed.
- Internal private properties are now prefixed with underscores (_).
- All writeXXX() methods that are given an offset will now overwrite data instead of insert
- insertXXX() methods have been added for when you want to insert data at a specific offset (this replaces the old behavior of writeXXX() when an offset was provided)
- Standardizd error messaging
- Standardized offset/length bounds and sanity checking
- General overall cleanup of code.
Released 02/19/2017 * Adds missing type definitions for some internal functions.
- Fixes a bug where using readString with a length of zero resulted in reading the remaining data instead of returning an empty string. (Fixed by Seldszar)
- Fixes a bug leftover from the TypeScript refactor where .readIntXXX() resulted in .readUIntXXX() being called by mistake.
- readUIntXXXX() methods will now throw an exception if they attempt to read beyond the bounds of the valid buffer data available.
- Note This is technically a breaking change, so version is bumped to 3.x.
- Entire package re-written in TypeScript (2.1)
- Backwards compatibility is preserved for now
- New factory methods for creating SmartBuffer instances
- New SmartBufferOptions constructor options
- Added additional tests
- Fixes a bug where reading null terminated strings may result in an exception.