"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "Atom/resources/app/apm/node_modules/npm/node_modules/readable-stream/doc/wg-meetings/2015-01-30.md" (8 Mar 2017, 2280 Bytes) of package /windows/misc/atom-windows.zip:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field.
streams WG Meeting 2015-01-30
- Google Hangouts Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9nDOSGfwZg
- GitHub Issue: https://github.com/iojs/readable-stream/issues/106
- Original Minutes Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17aTgLnjMXIrfjgNaTUnHQO7m3xgzHR2VXBTmi03Qii4/
Extracted from https://github.com/iojs/readable-stream/labels/wg-agenda prior to meeting.
- adopt a charter #105
- release and versioning strategy #101
- simpler stream creation #102
- proposal: deprecate implicit flowing of streams #99
adopt a charter
What versioning scheme should be adopted?
- group: +1’s 3.0.0
- domenic+group: pulling in patches from other sources where appropriate
- mikeal: version independently, suggesting versions for io.js
- mikeal+domenic: work with TC to notify in advance of changes simpler stream creation
streamline creation of streams
- sam: streamline creation of streams
- domenic: nice simple solution posted but, we lose the opportunity to change the model may not be backwards incompatible (double check keys)
action item: domenic will check
remove implicit flowing of streams on(‘data’)
- add isFlowing / isPaused
- mikeal: worrying that we’re documenting polyfill methods – confuses users
- domenic: more reflective API is probably good, with warning labels for users
- new section for mad scientists (reflective stream access)
- calvin: name the “third state”
- mikeal: maybe borrow the name from whatwg?
- domenic: we’re missing the “third state”
- consensus: kind of difficult to name the third state
- mikeal: figure out differences in states / compat
- mathias: always flow on data – eliminates third state
- explore what it breaks
action items: * ask isaac for ability to list packages by what public io.js APIs they use (esp. Stream) * ask rod/build for infrastructure * chris: explore the “flow on data” approach * add isPaused/isFlowing * add new docs section * move isPaused to that section