Fixed perl shebang line in
dave script, for ExtUtils::MakeMaker to correctly replace it. Closes
propfind response handling to also consider successful an HTTP 207 status code. Closes
clone() method to properly respect the class name. Closes
RT#123528. Thanks to Ricardo Signes for the patch.
Fixed various pod issues raised by Debian contributor
RT#103126, fixed faulty code to add trailing slash to URLs.
propfind() resilience when server response contains broken, truncated or no XML at all. RT#75011.
HTTP::DAV should now be working with more WebDAV servers.
We are more flexible in what content types we consider to be XML. Thanks Ron1 and Adam for the feedback and patches.
- Fixed RT #69439 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=69439), insecure /tmp files handling in dave client.
- Added -tmpdir option to dave client. - Reorganized distribution layout to match usual CPAN practice - Removed remains of svn-era ($Id and such...)
- Fixed RT #68936 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=68936), Fixed errors() method that would bomb out when the "_errors" attribute wasn't initialized. Thanks to Michael Lackoff for reporting.
- Fixed RT #38677 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=38677), Intercept correctly 405 (Method now allowed) errors and report them to the clients.
- Fixed RT #60457 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=60457), Added and documented possibility to pass your own custom HTTP headers. - Fixed errors in the code examples in the synopsis.
- Fixed RT #59674 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=59674), When SSL support is needed but not installed, a more specific error messages is now displayed, instead of "not DAV enabled or not accessible".
- Fixed RT #47500 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=47500), HTTP::DAV::Comms->credentials() method erroneously autovivified basic authentication internal values, causing wrong or undefined credentials to be sent out, or credentials to be "forgot" by HTTP::DAV.
- Fixed RT #52665 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=52665), Using dave or propfind() on URLs containing escaped chars (%xx) could fail, due to upper/lower case differences. Thanks to cebjyre for the patch and the test case.
- Fixed RT #14506 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=14506), about the missing get_lastresponse() method. It was a documentation bug. - Fixed RT #29788 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=29788), avoid file corruptions on Win32 when calling HTTP::DAV::get() method. - Fixed RT #31014 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=31014), probably already in v0.34, since it seems related to propfind() "depth" bug.
- Fixed RT #44409 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=44409), Small bug in HTTP::DAV::put(). Passing a reference as local content resulted in the "SCALAR(0x12345678)" being logged instead of the real scalar.
- Fixed RT #19616 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=19616), LWP::UserAgent::redirect_ok() is not changed anymore. We're subclassing it from HTTP::DAV::UserAgent and overriding redirect_ok() there. - Fixed RT #42877 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=42877), HTTP::DAV::UserAgent::credentials() has been modified to behave like LWP::UserAgent::credentials(), otherwise basic authentication breakages can occur. - Fixed a problem with C<-depth> argument to C<HTTP::DAV::propfind()> that could lead to massive performance degradation, especially when running C<propfind()> against large folders. C<-depth> was set to 1 even when passed as zero.
- Fixed RT #40318 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=40318), about getting single or multiple files directly to \*STDOUT.
- Fixed RT #39150 (http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=39150), about downloading multiple files in the same directory.
- Clearly state that opera software asa is now co-maintainer of http::dav - Fixed various inconsistencies in the v0.32 documentation
- Now HTTP::DAV requires Perl 5.6.0+ and Scalar::Util (core in 5.8.x).
- Now HTTP::DAV objects are correctly released from memory when they go out of scope. Now it should be possible to use multiple instances of HTTP::DAV even in long-running processes. Was caused by circular references between HTTP::DAV and HTTP::DAV::Resource.
Apache 2 mod_dav support
- Now works with mod_dav under Apache 2.
- Fixed bug to correctly handle the put/get of filenames with spaces in them. - Fixed bug to allow the PUT of empty files. - put() now uses binmode so that it works under Windows. - HTTP redirect code added in the previous release was incorrectly returning a HTTP::Response instead of a HTTP::DAV::Response - Fixed bug to allow https for copy and move (http:// was hardcoded). - Fixed strange copy/move bug for Apache2.0's mod_dav.
https support as provided from the underlying LWP library has been tested against mod_dav and mod_ssl. Seems to work well. See INSTALLATION for more detail.
Requires MD5 to be installed. See INSTALLATION notes.
various bug fixes
more powerful callback support for get()
Useful for giving progress indicators.
get() to filehandles and scalar references
the get() routine now allows you to pass by reference a filehandle or scalar in which to save the contents of the GET request.
added namespace abbreviations in proppatch
Thanks to Jeremy for this patch.
improved redirect handling in Comms.pm
Thanks to Jeremy for this patch.
file globbing for get and put
HTTP::DAV::get() and HTTP::DAV::put() now supports file globs. This functionality also propagates to dave. This allows you to do the following:
dav> put /tmp/index*.html dav> get index.htm? /tmp ?,* and sets () are supported. See the docs for details.
HTTP::DAV now requires the Perl module File::Glob which comes bundled with perl5.6 and later.
bug fix in -overwrite flag in HTTP::DAV::copy/move.
Complete overhaul of API, recursive get and put, addition of dave.
dave -- the new command line client
I wrote dave (the DAV Explorer) because I needed an end-user application that allowed me to "feel" how well the HTTP::DAV API was performing. dave is quite similar to Joe Orton's C-based DAV client called cadaver (yes, imitation is the best form of flattery).
A new and simpler API
This new API is accessed directly through the HTTP::DAV module and is based on the core API written in previous releases.
The new API now supports, proppatch, recursive get and put.
A substantial core API overhaul
Moving from v0.05 to v0.22 in one release might indicate the amount of work gone into this release.
A new interoperability test suite
is now included in PerlDAV. The test suite is built on top of the standard Perl Test::Harness modules. Still in development, the test suite is highlighting interoperability problems with DAV-servers a lot quicker than before. See "the test suite & interoperability" section.
General bug fixes and addition of proppatch
- added PROPPATCH method to HTTP::DAV::Resource, thanks to Sylvain Plancon. - fixed uninitialized warnings in test scripts. - fixed new lock bug in DAV::Lock, thanks to Ben Evans - fixed dumb mistake where PUT was calling get instead of put, thanks to Sylvain and Ben again. - fixed call to Utils::bad, thanks to Sylvain
- supports PUT,GET,MLCOL,DELETE,OPTIONS,PROPFIND,LOCK,UNLOCK,steal_lock,lock_discovery