"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "screenkey-1.1/NEWS.rst" (28 May 2020, 3461 Bytes) of package /linux/privat/screenkey-1.1.tar.gz:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field. See also the latest Fossies "Diffs"
side-by-side code changes report for "NEWS.rst": 1.0_vs_1.1
- Fix PyGI warning during startup when using AppIndicator.
- Fix running with GTK versions older than 3.23.
- Switch to Python 3 and GTK 3, thanks to Yuto Tokunaga.
- "ISO_Left_Tab" is now also shown as Tab.
- Shift+Shift or Alt+Alt can now be used to toggle screenkey as an alternative to Ctrl+Ctrl.
- More multimedia keys are supported (volume, brightness, playback).
- Transparency of the window is now independent from the text (thanks to Ziad EL KHOURY HANNA)
- Screenkey no longer detaches by default from the terminal.
- New "Windows" and "Linux" modifier modes.
- French Translation improvements by Georges Khaznadar.
- Improved geometry handling by Alberto Fanjul.
- Ctrl+Ctrl detection now works correctly in more scenarios.
- Ctrl++ (and similar sequences with repeated characters) are now shown as Ctrl+"+" for improved readability.
- Shift+Backspace is now recognized and shown correctly.
- Several multimedia keys are now supported. If "FontAwesome" is installed, the correct symbol is also displayed instead of a text abbreviation.
- Visualization of whitespace characters can now be controlled.
- Repeated key sequences are now abbreviated with a repeat count if above the specified threshold (3 by default).
- Fixed startup issue in Ubuntu without using
- Fixed desktop menu file.
- Fix Alt+Shift mapping on stock altgr-intl keyboard layouts.
- Correctly stay above fullscreen windows.
- Do not mask pointer/keyboard events: allow the mouse to be used normally "under" the output window.
- Improved interactive positioning (slop is required).
- Allow KeySyms to be ignored (added
--ignore on the command line), for better interaction with custom keyboard maps.
- Font color, background color and opacity are now fully configurable.
- The saved state of boolean settings (persistent, modifiers only, etc) is correctly restored when changed from the settings dialog.
- HiDPI support
- Fix initial state of "Persistent window" in the preferences.
- Allow to reset the stored the geometry from the preferences also when changed interactively.
- Fix exception on first run.
python-xlib module and the
xmodmap executable are not required/used anymore. screenkey now uses
- Key composition/input method support.
- A new setting (always show Shift) has been added to always add "Shift" in modifier sequences which contain capitalizable letters.
- CapsLock and NumLock status (on/off) is now shown when pressed.
- Fixes issues with recent
XAUTHORITY is no longer required to be set.
- The font is now configurable as well
- Tweaks to symbol spacing
- Highlight recent keypresses for improved readability
- Multi-monitor support
- Configurable size/position
- Can show modifier sequences only
- Improved backspace processing (3 different modes)
- Normal/Emacs/Mac caps modes
- Enable/disable dynamically by pressing both control keys
- All settings available through command-line flags
- Usable without system tray (for tiling window managers)
- Several bug fixes