"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "epm-4.5.1/CHANGES.md" (18 Nov 2020, 6702 Bytes) of package /linux/privat/epm-4.5.1.tar.gz:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field. See also the latest Fossies "Diffs"
side-by-side code changes report for "CHANGES.md": 4.5_vs_4.5.1
Changes in EPM
Changes in EPM 4.5.1
- Fixed Debian dependencies for min/max version (Issue #64)
- Fixed a typo in the epm.list file (Issue #78)
- Fixed macro usage in the setup.types man page (Issue #81)
- Fixed @INSTALL@ macro in makefile (Issue #84)
- Fixed Debian init script support (Issue #85)
Changes in EPM 4.5
- Dropped support for AIX, AT&T (Solaris), Tru64, HP-UX, IRIX, LSB, and Slackware packages.
- "make install" failed due to the README filename changing (Issue #59)
mkepmlist utility did not correctly handle filenames containing the
$ character (Issue #62)
- The configure script incorrectly substituted "NONE" for the installation prefix (Issue #67)
- Fixed some over-zealous permissions on temporary build directories (Issue #71)
- Fixed the mantohtml helper program - was depending on private CUPS headers for some reason (Issue #72)
- Fixed some build system issues (Issue #75, Issue #76)
- Documentation updates (Issue #74, Issue #77)
- Cleaned up old sprintf and strcpy usage in many places.
Changes in EPM 4.4
- The default prefix is now the usual
/usr/local (Issue #45)
- Really fix 64-bit Intel packages on Debian-based OS's (Issue #48)
- Fixed a build issue on Solaris 11 (Issue #50)
- Fixed a bug in temporary file cleanup when symlinks are used (Issue #51)
- Added DESTDIR support to makefiles (Issue #55)
- Fixed RPM support on AIX (Issue #56)
- Reverted the hard links optimization from EPM 4.2 since it is causing problems with the latest version of RPM (Issue #57)
- Packages on macOS now use "macos" as the operating system name for consistency.
Changes in EPM 4.3
- Now use pkgbuild on newer versions of macOS, and added support for signed packages (Bug #497)
- Fixed some file handling issues when creating RPM packages (Bug #523)
- EPM now maps the x86_64 architecture to amd64 when creating Debian packages (Bug #295)
- %format stopped working in EPM 4.2 (Bug #296)
- %literal(spec) did not insert the literal content in the correct location (Bug #302)
- Fixed some incorrect string handling (Bug #290)
- Fixed a compatibility issue with RPM 4.8 (Bug #292)
- Fixed a build dependency problem (Bug #291)
- The EPM makefile now uses CPPFLAGS from the configure script (Bug #300)
- Updated the standard path used by portable package scripts to include /usr/gnu/bin for Solaris (Bug #301)
- Added support for %literal(control) in Debian packages (Bug #297)
Changes in EPM 4.2
- EPM now supports a %arch conditional directive (STR #27)
- EPM now uses hard links whenever possible instead of copying files for distribution (STR #21)
- EPM no longer puts files in /export in the root file set for AIX packages (STR #15)
- EPM did not work with newer versions of RPM (STR #23, STR #25)
- EPM did not clean up temporary files from Solaris packages (STR #20)
- Building Solaris gzip'd packages failed if the pkg.gz file already existed (STR #16)
- Fixed handling of %preremove and %postremove for AIX packages (STR #22)
- Fixed directory permissions in HP-UX packages (STR #24)
- Removed unnecessary quoting of "!" in filenames (STR #26)
- Added support for signed RPM packages (STR #19)
- Added support for inclusion of format-specific packaging files and directives via a %literal directive (STR #5)
- *BSD init scripts were not installed properly.
- EPM now displays a warning message when a variable is undefined (STR #10)
- *BSD dependencies on versioned packages are now specified correctly (STR #4)
- EPM now uses /usr/sbin/pkg_create on FreeBSD (STR #2)
- FreeBSD packages are now created with a .tbz extension (STR #1)
- FreeBSD packages incorrectly assumed that chown was installed in /bin (STR #3)
- Added support for an "lsb" package format which uses RPM with the LSB dependencies (STR #7)
- The configure script now supports a --with-archflags and no longer automatically builds universal binaries on macOS.
- The epm program now automatically detects when the setup GUI is not available, displays a warning message, and then creates a non-GUI package.
- RPM packages did not map %replaces to Obsoletes:
Changes in EPM 4.1
- macOS portable packages did not create a correct Uninstall application.
- The temporary package files for portable packages are now removed after creation of the .tar.gz file unless the -k (keep files) option is used.
- The RPM summary string for subpackages did not contain the first line of the package description as for other package formats.
- The setup and uninst GUIs now support installing and removing RPM packages.
- The setup GUI now confirms acceptance of all licenses prior to installing the first package.
- Subpackages are no longer automatically dependent on the main package.
- Multi-line descriptions were not embedded properly into portable package install/patch/remove scripts.
- Updated the setup and uninstall GUIs for a nicer look-n-feel.
- macOS portable packages now show the proper name, version, and copyright for the packaged software instead of the EPM version and copyright.
- Fixed a problem with creation of macOS metapackages with the latest Xcode.
- EPM now removes the individual .rpm and .deb files when creating a package with subpackages unless the -k option (keep files) is used.
- EPM now only warns about package names containing characters other than letters and numbers.
- EPM now generates disk images as well as a .tar.gz file when creating portable packages on macOS.
Changes in EPM 4.0
- New subpackage support for creating multiple dependent packages or a combined package with selectable subpackages, depending on the package format.
- Added support for compressing the package files in portable packages which reduces disk space requirements on platforms that provide gzip.
- Added support for custom platform names via the new
-m name option.
- Added support for non-numeric %release values.
- Added new
--depend option to list all of the source files that a package depends on.
- The setup GUI now sets the
EPM_INSTALL_TYPE environment variable to the value of the selected TYPE line in the
- Fixed NetBSD and OpenBSD packaging support by no longer using FreeBSD-specific extensions to pkg_create on those variants.
- Fixed PowerPC platform support for RPM and Debian packages.
- Many fixes to AIX package support.
- Tru64 packages with init scripts now work when installing for the first time.
- RPM file dependencies should now work properly.
- Portable product names containing spaces will now display properly.