"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "petsc-3.12.3/docs/changes/232.html" (3 Jan 2020, 4566 Bytes) of package /linux/misc/petsc-3.12.3.tar.gz:
Caution: In this restricted "Fossies" environment the current HTML page may not be correctly presentated and may have some non-functional links.
You can here alternatively try to browse
the pure source code or just view
the uninterpreted raw source code. If the rendering is insufficient you may try to find and view the page on the petsc-3.12.3.tar.gz
project site itself.
Documentation: Changes: 2.3.2
We have a new Semi-Lagrangian advection solver using the method of
characteristics to the src/contrib/semiLagrange, contributed
by Richard Katz and Marc Spiegelman of
Columbia University. Examples are included.
- Added C99 complex support. [check configure changes below]
- Added MatCreateScatter() and MATSCATTER to easily construct efficient "restriction operators"
- Removed MatConvertRegister() and friends, added (*convertfrom) to Mat function table to replace it
Added PCGALERKIN and PCGalerkinSetRestriction/Interpolation() to
allow easy creating of Galerkin-like preconditioners.
- Added PCGetOperatorsSet()
Added support for the KSP/PC to auto-create the Mat(s) for you.
(Which you usally set with KSP/PCSetOperators()). See manual page for
KSP/PCGetOperators(). Note this is slightly speculative code
PCSetOperators()/KSPSetOperators() now do reference counting on the
operators you pass in. Current usage will work, however this means
you NO LONGER need to keep a reference to the operators around until
the KSP/PC object is destroyed.
Added KSPDefaultConvergedSetUIRNorm() and
-ksp_default_converged_initial_residual_norm to go back to the pre
PETSc 2.3.1 of determing relative tolerance for convergence.
- Added KSPGetOperatorsSet()
Now c++ complex version requires the options'
'--with-scalar-type=complex --with-clanguage=cxx'. Specyfing only
'--with-scalar-type=complex' will default to '--with-clanguage=c' i.e
uses C99 complex support.
The convergence test functions for SNES now pass the current
iteration in as the second argument. Also the convergence test
routine is called after the initial function evaluation in SNES but
before the first Newton step is computed.
- Added SNESSetKSP().
- Removed PetscRandomType from the prototype of PetscRandomCreate().
- Added PetscRandomSetType(), PetscRandomGetValueReal() and PetscRandomGetValueImaginary().
Replaced RANDOM_DEFAULT, RANDOM_DEFAULT_REAL and
RANDOM_DEFAULT_IMAGINARY, the type of random numbers, with
PETSCRAND48, PETSCRAND etc.
- AODATA object and associated routines are now deprecated and scheduled for future removal