"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "nikola-8.0.3/README.rst" (2 Nov 2019, 2581 Bytes) of package /linux/www/nikola-8.0.3.tar.gz:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field.
Nikola, a Static Site and Blog Generator
In goes content, out comes a website, ready to deploy.
Why Static Websites?
Static websites are safer, use fewer resources, and avoid vendor and platform lock-in. You can read more about this in the Nikola Handbook
What Can Nikola Do?
It has many features, but here are some of the nicer ones:
- Blogs, with tags, feeds, archives, comments, etc.
- Fast builds, thanks to doit
- Flexible, extensible via the dozens of available plugins
- Small codebase (programmers can understand all of Nikola core in a day)
- reStructuredText or Markdown as input language (also Wiki, BBCode, Textile, and HTML)
- Easy image galleries (just drop files in a folder!)
- Syntax highlighting for almost any programming language or markup
- Multilingual sites, translated to 50 languages.
- Doesn't reinvent wheels, leverages existing tools.
- Python 3.4+ compatible.
Assuming you have pip installed:
pip install Nikola
For optional features:
pip install "Nikola[extras]"
For tests (see tests/README.rst for more details):
pip install "Nikola[extras,tests]"
For more information, see https://getnikola.com/