"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "mroonga-12.04/doc/source/news/6.x.rst" (6 Jun 2022, 7357 Bytes) of package /linux/misc/mroonga-12.04.tar.gz:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field.
News - 6.x
Release 6.13 - 2017-01-13
Supported the latest Percona Server 5.6.
Supported the latest Percona Server 5.7.
Supported the latest MySQL 5.5.
Supported the latest MySQL 5.6.
Supported the latest MySQL 5.7.
- Supported MariaDB 10.2.3.
- Supported MySQL 5.7.17.
Reduced index size for multiple column index.
Release 6.11 - 2016-11-29
- [deb][debian] Supported MariaDB 10.x package for Debian jessie.
Release 6.10 - 2016-10-29
- [deb][ubuntu] Supported MariaDB 10.x package for Ubuntu 16.04
- [deb][ubuntu] Supported Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety Yak)
Added document how to install Mroonga for MariaDB on Ubuntu 16.04.
/tutorial] Improved sample
SQL format for easy to copy and paste.
- [rpm][centos] Supported latest MySQL 5.6.34, MySQL 5.7.16, Percona
Server 5.6.33 and Percona Server 5.7.15. [groonga-dev,04169] [Reported
by Hiroshi Kagami]
- [mysql57][wrapper] Fixed a bug that
InnoDB doesn't return correct number of records because behavior of
InnoDB was changed since MySQL 5.7. [Reported by koyama_wataru_7]
- Hiroshi Kagami
Release 6.09 - 2016-09-29
Release 6.08 - 2016-08-29
- [rpm][centos] Supported latest MariaDB 5.5.50 on CentOS 7.
- [rpm][centos] Supported Percona Server 5.6/5.7 on CentOS 6/7.
/reference/limitations] Updated description about
table limitations. There is a good news that the limitation about the
maximum number of records are relaxed. In the past, it is described as
268,435,455 records, but it turns out that actually you can store more
- Supported MariaDB 10.2.1
- Fixed compile error with GCC 6.1.1.
Release 6.07 - 2016-08-04
- [storage mysql57] Supported
COUNT(*) skip optimization
Dropped Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf) support. It had been reached to End
of Life on July 28, 2016.
- [windows] Updated bundled MariaDB to 10.1.16.
- [mariadb55] Fixed to disable
COUNT(*) skip optimization
when it can't be applied correctly. For example,
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM users WHERE age = 29; is such a case
on MariaDB 5.5.
Release 6.06 - 2016-06-30
- [mariadb10] Fixed a crash bug on MariaDB 10.x.
Release 6.05 - 2016-06-29
- [centos] Supported CentOS 6.8.
- [storage] Supported multibyte column name in inplace ALTER TABLE.
Note that MySQL 5.6 or later can use inplace ALTER TABLE for adding
columns and indexes.
- [storage] Supported ORDER BY LIMIT optimization for multibyte
column. [Gitter:groonga/ja:575e6e671cf76dd64536997c][Reported by
- [storage count skip] Fixed invalid optimization which should no be
applied. It affects to the result of row count.
- Fixed to apply custom normalizer even if collation is bin family.
Release 6.03 - 2016-05-29
/install/centos] Supported Percona Server 5.7 on
mroonga_snippet_html] Supported query format
mroonga_snippet_html(column, '...query format...' AS query);
AS query is important in the above example.
/install/windows] Supported MariaDB 10.1.14 on
- [storage] Fixed a bug that full text index against multibyte column
doesn't work. [Gitter:groonga/ja:5745315728011d9f574b9425][Reported by
Release 6.02 - 2016-04-29
- [deb] Supported multiarch. [Reported by hirobanex]
/developer/release] Updated to use Visual Studio
12(2013) in building instruction in Windows.
documentation about boolean mode.
- [experimental][mariadb10.2] Supported MariaDB 10.2.0.
Dropped Debian 7.0 (Wheezy). It had been reached to End of Life on April
Supported Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus)
- [storage] Supported mutlibyte characters in column name.
- Fixed compile error with MySQL 5.7.
Release 6.01 - 2016-03-29
- Added a warning when deprecated keyword "parser" is used. [Patch by
GMO Media, Inc.]
- [storage] Reduced index size when
WITH_POSITION is used
without tokenizer. Stopped to add
WITH_POSITION to index
that doesn't use tokenizer. Index without tokenizer doesn't need to
store position information. Because there is only one token.
Fixed URLs of binaries for Windows. [Reported by torinky]
- Added missing LZ4 source. [GitHub#100][Reported by Hiroshi
Dropped Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) support. It had been reached to End
of Life on February 4, 2016.
Updated base MariaDB to 10.1.13.
- Fixed a bug that the following UDFs can't be used in
MATCH AGAINST. [groonga-dev,03964][Reported by Hironori
- [storage] Fixed a bug that
DELETE without condition
remains unique indexes. [GitHub#99][Reported by GMO Media, Inc.]
- GMO Media, Inc.
- Hironori Matsubara
- Hiroshi Hatake
Release 6.00 - 2016-02-29
boolean-mode-pragma-ss] Added a pragma to use script
syntax for search. [GitHub#95][Patch by Naoya Murakami]
- [Windows] Bundled LZ4.
- [Windows] Updated base MariaDB to 10.1.12.
/reference/udf/mroonga_normalize] Add missing
CREATE FUNCTION to install SQL. [GitHub#94][Patch by Naoya