This page is a list of projects that are related to HBase. To
have your project added, file a documentation JIRA or email
hbase-dev with the relevant
information. If you notice out-of-date information, use the same avenues to
These items are user-submitted and the HBase team assumes no responsibility for their accuracy.
Projects that add new features to HBase
- Themis provides cross-row/cross-table transaction on HBase based on
- Cask Tephra provides globally consistent transactions on top of Apache
- Haeinsa is linearly scalable multi-row, multi-table transaction library
- HBase TAggregator
- An HBase coprocessor for timeseries-based aggregations.
- Apache Trafodion
- Apache Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling
transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop.
- Apache Phoenix
- Apache Phoenix is a relational database layer over HBase delivered as a
client-embedded JDBC driver targeting low latency queries over HBase data.
- Hue HBase Browser
- An Easy & Powerful WebUI for HBase, distributed with Hue.
- HBase SEP
- the HBase Side Effect Processor, a system for asynchronously and reliably listening to HBase
mutation events, based on HBase replication.
- Lily HBase Indexer
- indexes HBase content to Solr by listening to the replication stream
(uses the HBase SEP).
- - HBase Reporting and Analysis with support for simple and composite keys,
get and range scans, column based filtering, charting.
- - Lock-free transactional support on top of HBase providing Snapshot
- ORM for HBase
- Heritrix2 Processor for writing crawls to HBase.
- Pigi Project
- The Pigi Project is an ORM-like framework. It includes a configurable
index system and a simple object to HBase mapping framework (or indexing for
HBase if you like). Designed for use by web applications.
- hbase-thrift generates and installs Perl and Python Thrift bindings for
- OHM is a weakly relational ORM for HBase which provides Object Mapping and
Column indexing. It has its own compiler capable of generating interface
code for multiple languages. Currently C# (via the Thrift API), with support
for Java currently in development. The compiler is easily extensible to add
support for other languages.
- Aims to be an implementation of the
Google app-engine datastore
in Java using HBase instead of bigtable.
- DataNucleus is a Java JDO/JPA/REST implementation. It supports HBase and
many other datastores.
- Kundera is a JPA 2.0 based object-datastore mapping library for HBase,
Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Zohmg is a time-series data store that uses HBase as its backing store.
- Grails Support
- Grails HBase plug-in.
- is an active_record-based object mapping layer for Ruby on Rails.
- Ruby client for HBase Stargate.
- Meetup.Beeno is a simple HBase Java "beans" mapping framework based on
annotations. It includes a rudimentary high level query API that generates
the appropriate server-side filters.
- Spring Hadoop
- - The Spring Hadoop project provides support for writing Apache Hadoop
applications that benefit from the features of Spring, Spring Batch and
- Spring Framework HBase Template
- Spring Framework HBase Template provides HBase data access templates
similar to what is provided in Spring for JDBC, Hibernate, iBatis, etc.
If you find this useful, please vote for its inclusion in the Spring Framework.
- A library for convenient access to HBase from Clojure.
- HBase indexing library
- A library for building and querying HBase-table-based indexes.
- Lucene+HBase - Using HBase as the backing store for the TF-IDF
representations needed by Lucene. Also, contains a library for constructing
lucene indices from HBase schema.
- A HBase tailored JMX toolkit enabling monitoring with Cacti and checking
with Nagios or similar.
- IHBASE provides faster scans by indexing regions, each region has its own
index. The indexed columns are user-defined and indexes can be intersected or
joined in a single query.
- HBASE EC2 scripts
- This collection of bash scripts allows you to run HBase clusters on
Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service with best practices baked in.
- Stargate provides an enhanced RESTful interface.
- HBase-trx provides Transactional (JTA) and indexed extensions of HBase.
- HBase Thrift Python client Debian package
- Debian packages for the HBase Thrift Python client (see readme for
- capjure is a persistence helper for HBase. It is written in the Clojure
language, and supports persisting of native hash-maps.
- (High Update Throughput for HBase) It focuses on write performance during
records update (by avoiding doing Get on every Put to update record).
- HBase Writes Distributor spreads records over the cluster even when their
keys are sequential, while still allowing fast range scans over them
- HBase UI Tool & Util
- HBase UI Tool & Util is an HBase UI client and simple util module.
It can handle hbase more easily like jdo(not persistence api)
- HBase ORM
- A light-weight HBase ORM library that enables object-oriented access of HBase records with minimal coding and good testability
Example HBase Applications