"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "lens-5.2.1/RELEASE_GUIDE.md" (16 Sep 2021, 1224 Bytes) of package /linux/misc/lens-5.2.1.tar.gz:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field. See also the last Fossies "Diffs"
side-by-side code changes report for "RELEASE_GUIDE.md": 4.2.5_vs_5.0.0
Lens releases are built by CICD automatically on git tags. The typical release process flow is the following:
- From a clean and up to date
make release-version <version-type> where
<version-type> is one of the following:
<prerelease-id> is generally one of:
- Create PR (git should have printed a link to GitHub in the console) with the contents of all the accepted PRs since the last release.
- After the PR is accepted and passes CI. Go to the same branch and run
- Once CI passes again go to the releases tab on GitHub, create a new release from the tag that was created, make sure that the change log is the same as that of the PR.
- Merge the release PR after the release is published. GitHub should delete the branch once it is merged.
- If you have just released a new major or minor version then create a new
vMAJOR.MINOR branch from that same tag and push it to master. This will be the target for future patch releases and shouldn't be deleted.