"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "gogs-0.12.3/README.md" (7 Oct 2020, 7021 Bytes) of package /linux/misc/gogs-0.12.3.tar.gz:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field. See also the last Fossies "Diffs"
side-by-side code changes report for "README.md": 0.11.91_vs_0.12.0
Gogs - A painless self-hosted Git service
The Gogs (
/gɑgz/) project aims to build a simple, stable and extensible self-hosted Git service that can be setup in the most painless way. With Go, this can be done with an independent binary distribution across ALL platforms that Go supports, including Linux, macOS, Windows and ARM.
- User dashboard, user profile and activity timeline.
- Access repositories via SSH, HTTP and HTTPS protocols.
- User, organization and repository management.
- Repository and organization webhooks, including Slack, Discord and Dingtalk.
- Repository Git hooks, deploy keys and Git LFS.
- Repository issues, pull requests, wiki, protected branches and collaboration.
- Migrate and mirror repositories with wiki from other code hosts.
- Web editor for quick editing repository files and wiki.
- Jupyter Notebook and PDF rendering.
- Authentication via SMTP, LDAP, reverse proxy, GitHub.com and GitHub Enterprise with 2FA.
- Customize HTML templates, static files and many others.
- Rich database backend, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite3 and TiDB.
- Have localization over 30 languages.
💾 Hardware requirements
- A Raspberry Pi or $5 Digital Ocean Droplet is more than enough to get you started. Some even use 64MB RAM Docker CaaS.
- 2 CPU cores and 512MB RAM would be the baseline for teamwork.
- Increase CPU cores when your team size gets significantly larger, memory footprint remains low.
💻 Browser support
- Please see Semantic UI for specific versions of supported browsers.
- The smallest resolution officially supported is 1024*768, however the UI may still look right in smaller resolutions, but no promises or fixes.
Make sure you install the prerequisites first.
There are 6 ways to install Gogs:
Deploy to cloud
📦 Software, service and product support
This project is under the MIT License. See the LICENSE file for the full license text.