"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "geoipupdate-4.3.0/CHANGELOG.md" (16 Apr 2020, 3702 Bytes) of package /linux/misc/geoipupdate-4.3.0.tar.gz:
As a special service "Fossies" has tried to format the requested source page into HTML format (assuming markdown format).
Alternatively you can here view
the uninterpreted source code file.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field. See also the latest Fossies "Diffs"
side-by-side code changes report for "CHANGELOG.md": 4.2.2_vs_4.3.0
- First release to Docker Hub. Requested by Shun Yanaura. GitHub #24.
- The binary builds are now built with
CGO_ENABLED=0. Request by CrazyMax. GitHub #63.
- Re-release for PPA. No other changes.
- The minimum Go version is now 1.10 again as this was needed to build the PPA packages.
- The major version of the module is now included at the end of the module path. Previously, it was not possible to import the module in projects that were using Go modules. Reported by Roman Glushko. GitHub #81.
- The minimum Go version is now 1.13.
- A valid account ID and license key combination is now required for database downloads, so those configuration options are now required.
- The error handling when closing a local database file would previously ignore errors and, upon upgrading to
github.com/pkg/errors 0.9.0, would fail to ignore expected errors. Reported by Ilya Skrypitsa and pgnd. GitHub #69 and #70.
- The RPM release was previously lacking the correct owner and group on files and directories. Among other things, this caused the package to conflict with the
GeoIP package in CentOS 7 and
GeoIP-GeoLite-data in CentOS 8. The files are now owned by
root. Reported by neonknight. GitHub #76.
- Respect the defaultConfigFile and defaultDatabaseDirectory variables in the main package again. They were ignored in 4.1.0 through 4.1.4. If not specified, the GitHub and PPA releases for these versions used the config /usr/local/etc/GeoIP.conf instead of /etc/GeoIP.conf and the database directory /usr/local/share/GeoIP instead of /usr/share/GeoIP.
- Re-release of 4.1.3 as two commits were missing. No changes.
- Remove formatting, linting, and testing from the geoipupdate target in the Makefile.
- Re-release of 4.1.1 to fix Ubuntu PPA release issue. No code changes.
- Re-release of 4.1.0 to fix Ubuntu PPA release issue. No code changes.
- Improve man page formatting and organization. Pull request by Faidon Liambotis. GitHub #44.
- Provide update functionality as an importable package as well as a standalone program. Pull request by amzhughe. GitHub #48.
- Re-release of 4.0.5 to fix Ubuntu PPA release issue. No code changes.
- Ignore errors when syncing file system. These errors were primarily due to the file system not supporting the sync call. Reported by devkappa. GitHub #37.
- Use CRLF line endings on Windows for text files.
- Fix tests on Windows.
- Improve man page formatting. Reported by Faidon Liambotis. GitHub #38.
- Dependencies are no longer vendored. Reported by Faidon Liambotis. GitHub #39.
- Do not try to sync the database directory when running on Windows. Syncing this way is not supported there and would lead to an error. Pull request by Nicholi. GitHub #32.
- Update flock dependency from
gofrs/flock. Pull request by Paul Howarth. GitHub #22.
- Switch to Go modules and update dependencies.
- Fix version output on Ubuntu PPA and Homebrew releases.
- Fix dependency in
- Improve documentation.
- Add script to generate man pages to
- Expand installation instructions.
- First full release.
- Fix the output when the version output,
-V, is passed to