jeHEP is a full-featured FREE text editor for
Linux and Mac. It supports many programming languages: C/C++, PYTHON,
JAVA, PHP, FORTRAN and many more. It is also specially designed
for editing LaTeX files. It has several many
unique features, such as:
jeHEP is licensed by the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Read jeHEP License Terms and Conditions
The GNU General Public License (GPL) is here.
The only Java-based editor with
on-fly spell checking
- The only editor with color
syntax highlighting for all classes of ROOT
- Color syntax highlighting for many programming
- A document structure viewer
for fast navigation
- Multiple clipboards
- Multiple bookmarks (Eclipse-like)
- Extensive configurability
- File browser
- Multi-document support
- Enhanced console for BeanShell and Jython with syntax highlighting and
built-in macro language for custom commands. Macros based written for jEdit textArea can be used.
- Linux/Unix - like commands cp, mv, rm, cat etc. are supported.
- Extensive LaTeX support: a structure viewer,
build-in Bibtex manager (JabRef) and LatexTools