- Download the SAproxy installation program, saving it to a convenient location such as your desktop.
- Double-click the SAproxy installation program (setup.exe) to start the installer program.
- When asked for a name of a POP3 (incoming) mail server, please enter it with no spaces. For example, postoffice.isp.tld. You can look up the name of the server in the configuration of your mail client or you can ask your Internet Service Provider. Note that if you connect to several mail servers or if your mail server requires secure (SSL) connection, you will need to do additional configuration after installation.
- To accept the default destination directory of C:\Program Files\SAproxy, click Next. You can also select a different location.
- To accept the default Start menu location (this will add SAproxy to the All Programs menu that is under Start), click Next. You can also select a different location or check the checkbox if you do not want SAproxy to be installed under the Start menu.
- When installation is complete, proceed to configuring your mail client.
The SAproxy program icon depicts a document being examined by a magnifying glass. You can start the SAproxy program from the Start menu or by double clicking on the SAproxy desktop shortcut.
By default, SAproxy will install a shortcut into the Windows Startup folder so that SAproxy will automatically start whenever you logon to your Windows account. This is one of the options given during installation.
Once SAproxy is running, an icon will appear in your system tray in the lower right portion of the screen (to the left of the clock). If such icon does not appear in the system tray, then SAproxy is not running.