- In the Outlook top menu, pull down Tools, then select the E-mail Accounts... option.
- Select View or change existing e-mail accounts and click on the Next button.
- Select the appropriate mail account and click the Change... button.
- Make note of the Incoming mail server (POP3) setting.
- Change the Incoming mail server (POP3) setting to "127.0.0.1".
- Click the Next button and at the following dialog, click the Finish button
- You're done! If SAproxy is running, then your mail will be downloaded through SAproxy. If SAproxy is not running, then you will not be able to download your mail until you restore your original settings.
Filtering in Outlook
This section describes how to set up a filter in Outlook to take advantage of SAproxy.
- In the Outlook top menu, pull down Tools, then select
the Rules Wizard... option.
(For Outlook 2003: select Rules and Alerts.)
- In the Rules Wizard dialog, click on the New...
(For Outlook 2003: click on the New Rule button.)
- Select Start creating a rule from a template and then select Move messages based on content.
- Click on the underlined value that reads "specific words". Type "*****SPAM*****" and click the Add button and then click the OK button. That was five asterisks, followed by "SPAM", and then five more asterisks. No spaces.
- Click the Add button and then click the OK button to close the dialog.
- Click on the underlined value that reads specified. This will bring up the Rules Wizard folder selection window.
- Click the New... button to create a new folder and name it Spam. Click the OK button and then the OK button.
- Click the Finish button and then the OK button to finish.
- Now, incoming spam will automatically go into the Spam folder. You may want to check through it periodically just in case you have any false positives.