The mod_jk source distribution contains two perl scripts in the
tools/reports directory which can be used to analyze the mod_jk
logs, save statistical data, and generate report graphs.
tomcat_trend.pl log_dir archive_dir
Script for analyzing mod_jk.log data when logging tomcat request data using
the JkRequestLogFormat Apache mod_jk configuration.
Generates statistics for request latency and errors. Archives the generated
data to files for later use in long term trend graphs and reports.
tomcat_reports.pl archive_dir reports_dir
Script for generating reports and graphs using statistical data generated
by the tomcat_trend.pl script.
The following graphs are created:
- tomcat_request.png - Long term trend graph of total number of tomcat
- tomcat_median.png - Long term overall trend graph of tomcat request
- tomcat_deviation.png - Long term overall trend graph of tomcat request
mean and standard deviation.
- tomcat_error.png - Long term trend graph of requests rejected by tomcat.
Shows requests rejected when tomcat has no request processors available.
Can be an indicator that tomcat is overloaded or having other scaling
- tomcat_client.png - Long term trend graph of requests forward to tomcat
which were aborted by the remote client (browser). You will normally see
some aborted requests. High numbers of these can be an indicator that
tomcat is overloaded or there are requests which have very high latency.
A great deal of statistical data is generated but at this time
only long term trend graphs are being created and no reports.
This is only a start. Many more graphs and reports could be
generated from the data. Please consider contributing back any
new reports or graphs you create. Thanks.
These perl scripts depend upon the following perl modules and libraries:
- GD 1.8.x graphics library
- GD 1.4.x perl module
- GD Graph perl module
- GD TextUtil perl module
- StatisticsDescriptive perl module