"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software Archive
Member "MTOS-5.2.10/php/extlib/adodb5/docs/readme.htm" (26 Mar 2014, 3162 Bytes) of package /linux/www/MTOS-5.2.10.zip:
Caution: In this restricted "Fossies" environment the current HTML page may not be correctly presentated and may have some non-functional links.
Alternatively you can here view or download the uninterpreted raw source code.
A member file download can also be achieved by clicking within a package contents listing on the according byte size field.
ADOdb Library for PHP
ADOdb is a suite of database libraries that allow you to connect to multiple
databases in a portable manner. Download from http://adodb.sourceforge.net/.
- The ADOdb documentation has moved to docs-adodb.htm
This allows you to query, update and insert records using a portable API.
- The ADOdb data dictionary docs are at docs-datadict.htm.
This allows you to create database tables and indexes in a portable manner.
- The ADOdb database performance monitoring docs are at docs-perf.htm.
This allows you to perform health checks, tune and monitor your database.
- The ADOdb database-backed session docs are at docs-session.htm.
Make sure you are running PHP4.0.4 or later. Unpack all the files into a directory accessible by your webserver.
To test, try modifying some of the tutorial examples. Make sure you customize the connection settings correctly. You can debug using:
$db = ADONewConnection($driver); # eg. 'mysql' or 'oci8'
$db->debug = true;
$db->Connect($server, $user, $password, $database);
$rs = $db->Execute('select * from some_small_table');
How are people using ADOdb
Here are some examples of how people are using ADOdb:
- PhpLens is a commercial data grid component that allows
both cool Web designers and serious unshaved programmers to develop and
maintain databases on the Web easily. Developed by the author of ADOdb.
- PHAkt: PHP Extension for DreamWeaver Ultradev allows
you to script PHP in the popular Web page editor. Database handling provided
- Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases (ACID): PHP-based
analysis engine to search and process a database of security incidents
generated by security-related software such as IDSes and firewalls (e.g.
Snort, ipchains). By Roman Danyliw.
- PostNuke is a very popular free content management system
and weblog system. It offers full CSS support, HTML 4.01 transitional
compliance throughout, an advanced blocks system, and is fully multi-lingual
- EasyPublish CMS is another free content management system
for managing information and integrated modules on your internet, intranet-
and extranet-sites. From Norway.
- NOLA is a full featured accounting, inventory, and job
tracking application. It is licensed under the GPL, and developed by Noguska.