"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software archive
Member "graphviz-2.38.0/cmd/tools/gvgen.1" (13 Apr 2014, 4154 Bytes) of archive /linux/misc/graphviz-2.38.0.tar.gz:
Table of Contents
gvgen - generate graphs
gvgen [ -dv? ] [ -in ] [ -cn ] [ -Cx,y ]
[ -g[f]x,y ] [ -G[f]x,y ] [ -hn ] [ -kn ] [ -bx,y ] [ -Bx,y ] [ -mn ] [ -Mx,y ]
[ -pn ] [ -rx,y ] [ -Rx ] [ -sn ] [ -Sn ] [ -tn ] [ -td,n ] [ -Tx,y ] [ -Tx,y,u,v
] [ -wn ] [ -nprefix ] [ -Nname ] [ -ooutfile ]
a variety of simple, regularly-structured abstract graphs.
options are supported:
gvgen exits with 0 on successful
completion, and exits with 1 if given an ill-formed or incorrect flag,
or if the specified output file could not be opened.
Emden R. Gansner
gc(1), acyclic(1), gvpr(1), gvcolor(1), ccomps(1),
sccmap(1), tred(1), libgraph(3)
- -c n
- Generate a cycle with n vertices and edges.
- Generate an x by y cylinder. This will have x*y vertices and 2*x*y
- y edges.
- -g [f]x,y
- Generate an x by y grid. If f is given, the grid is folded,
with an edge attaching each pair of opposing corner vertices. This will
have x*y vertices and 2*x*y - y - x edges if unfolded and 2*x*y - y - x +
2 edges if folded.
- -G [f]x,y
- Generate an x by y partial grid. If f is given,
the grid is folded, with an edge attaching each pair of opposing corner
vertices. This will have x*y vertices.
- -h n
- Generate a hypercube of degree
n. This will have 2^n vertices and n*2^(n-1) edges.
- -k n
- Generate a complete
graph on n vertices with n*(n-1)/2 edges.
- -b x,y
- Generate a complete x by
y bipartite graph. This will have x+y vertices and x*y edges.
- -B x,y
an x by y ball, i.e., an x by y cylinder with two "cap" nodes closing the
ends. This will have x*y + 2 vertices and 2*x*y + y edges.
- -m n
a triangular mesh with n vertices on a side. This will have (n+1)*n/2 vertices
and 3*(n-1)*n/2 edges.
- -M x,y
- Generate an x by y Moebius strip. This will have
x*y vertices and 2*x*y - y edges.
- -p n
- Generate a path on n vertices. This
will have n-1 edges.
- -r x,y
- Generate a random graph. The number of vertices
will be the largest value of the form 2^n-1 less than or equal to x. Larger
values of y increase the density of the graph.
- -R x
- Generate a random rooted
tree on x vertices.
- -s n
- Generate a star on n vertices. This will have n-1
- -S n
- Generate a Sierpinski graph of order n. This will have 3*(3^(n-1)
- 1)/2 vertices and 3^n edges.
- -t n
- Generate a binary tree of height n. This
will have 2^n-1 vertices and 2^n-2 edges.
- -t h,n
- Generate a n-ary tree of height
- -T x,y
- -T x,y,u,v
- Generate an x by y torus. This will have x*y vertices
and 2*x*y edges. If u and v are given, they specify twists of that amount
in the horizontal and vertical directions, respectively.
- -w n
- Generate a
path on n vertices. This will have n-1 edges.
- -i n
- Generate n graphs of the
requested type. At present, only available if the -R flag is used.
- -n prefix
- Normally, integers are used as node names. If prefix is specified, this
will be prepended to the integer to create the name.
- -N name
- Use name as
the name of the graph. By default, the graph is anonymous.
- -o outfile
- If specified,
the generated graph is written into the file outfile. Otherwise, the graph
is written to standard out.
- Make the generated graph directed.
- Print usage information.
Table of Contents