"Fossies" - the Fresh Open Source Software archive
Member "gentoo-0.19.13/docs/relnotes.html" of archive gentoo-0.19.13.tar.gz:
Caution: In this restricted "Fossies" environment the current HTML page may not be correctly presentated and may have some non-functional links.
Alternatively you can here view or download the uninterpreted source code.
That can be also achieved for any archive member file by clicking within an archive contents listing on the first character of the file(path) respectively on the according byte size field.
This is the first public release of gentoo. It is far from "done", but was released anyway because:
- People in Obsession kept nagging about it.
- Someone said "Release early, release often".
- It's fun to see if there's any interest in a program like this.
- The autumn semester is coming up, so I development will slow. A good time for a release.
Things that I want to include but haven't gotten around to writing yet:
- A way to design menus and assign them to keys & buttons.
- A way to configure keyboard shortcuts.
- Progress reporting and better error recovery for file operations.
- Online help, tooltips and so on.
- ...(whatever comes to mind)...
If you have any questions or comments on anything involving this program, please don't hesitate to send them
to me at email@example.com. To make my life easier, please try to
include the word gentoo in the message's subject. Also, check out the