Contributing to EtherBoot
Etherboot is a volunteer project done in my spare time.
Many kind people have contributed in various ways, see the acknowledgement list. You can
help in various ways:
- Improve the documentation. Send me the changes if you feel
something is missing or can be improved.
- Enter hardware compatibility information into the NIC database.
- Try different variations on configurations and software. Send
me the documentation or a link to your Web page when you have
succeeded, of course. Here is a list of things
that have been suggested if you want some ideas.
- Spread the word about netbooting wherever you see a situation
which could use the technique.
- Write articles about your experiences with applications of
netbooting for conferences, journals or e-zines.
- Contribute any related software which can be put into
- Write drivers for more cards. See the Developers Manual for instructions.
- Offer to make EPROMs for people needing them